The Many Yelmalios of Argrath/Martin

From: ian (i.) gorlick <"ian>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 1994 16:01:00 -0500

I like the ecumenical flavour of your posting in GD#60. It fits my impression of Yelmalions from many regions being prepared to agree that they worship the same god but agreeing to disagree on a number of details about their worship.

I'm a bit confused about the cult of Antirius. (I haven't read the Glorious Reascent of Yelm, so all I know about Antirius is second-hand from discussions on the dailies, so I may be completely wrong here and would appreciate correction.) I had the impression that Antirius was killed at the Hill of Gold, therefore I assumed he had no cult. Was he resurrected later?

You suggest giving Antirius a spell of Divine Justice. I would disagree with that. I would prefer that judges have the responsibility to find justice and set penalties themselves (and the freedom to be corrupt too). I picture Yelm or Antirius responding to their divinations with "You've been delegated the authority to deal with this. So get on with your duty!" I feel that some of the terms of the great Compromise should limit the ability of gods to direct the actions of their followers, and I feel that this spell as described over-steps those limits.

Overall, I think your piece is sound.