Codex Magazine issue 3 at printer

From: Codexzine_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 18:08:11 -0500

My apologies to anyone who who gets multiple copies of this announcement.

Codex #3 will be mailing out over the next two weeks. The printer promises it to me by the 28th, I will package up the big distributor orders first (it costs the most and US postage rates are about to go up) and then I'll start on the subscription list.

Subscribers who have a west coast address: I am going to bring your copy to RQ Con unless you specifically tell me to go ahead and mail it. Others-if you are going to RQ Con, please email me to let me know. I would love to save the postage.

Codex dedicates its entire contents to discovering the nature and secrets of Glorantha through scenarios, articles, fiction and essays.

Issue are 32 pages typeset, plus front & back covers inside & out. No ads.

Issue 1 is nearly sold out. It is a Prax and Pavis special with articles by Sandy Petersen, Martin Crim, and Mike Dawson, among others. Availability is extremely limited for #1, and I expect to be sold out after RQ Con.

Issue 2 is a western/Fronelan feature. It focuses on the city of Galastar and its rebirth after the lifting of the Ban. Greg Stafford's map of the God Plane is in it too. #2 may also be sold out after RQ Con.

Issue #3, the one coming out, is an Imther feature, plus Sandy Petersen's Dragon Magic, Martin Crim's Trowjangi fiction "Three Sisters," and mony other pieces, most of which have not appeared on the digest.

Codex costs $14 for a 4 issue subscription or $5 for a singe copy sample. Codex is distributed to  many US and UK gaming shops as well.
 Foreign customers, see below for delivery options and prices.
Checks or money orders only, please for all mail orders.

Foreign Codex Subscription Rates to the UK and Europe as of 12/23/94:

Airmail, generally a week or two delivery: $6.75 US funds per issue.

Surface mail, an unknown, mostly random delivery time varying between 4 weeks and 3 months to the UK or Europe.  $ 5.25 US funds per issue.

I hate to be stern about this, but I cannot guarantee that your subscription will EVER arrive via the surface mail method.

Sorry, only US funds acceptable.

(A Postal Money order is available from
 most country's posts, and can be issued in US dollars. This works for me.)

Codex has a UK distributor. Contact Colin Phillips at cphillips_at_tang.demon.co.uk
for UK rates and information.
By mail:
Colin Phillips
98 Constable Court
4 Stubbs Drive
London SE16 3EG

Codex has an Australian distributor. Contact Andrew Bean at: ABEAN_at_geel.dwt.csiro.au

UK and Australian publication will run a few weeks behind the american one, as I have to get masters to Colin and Andrew for their printing.

Americans, Canadians, please do NOT subscribe via Colin unless you must have every copy of every RQ thing that comes out. Send to Colin for only those things I am sold out of in the US.

Outside the United Kingdom, and for any submission matters, send all paper correspondence to:

M. Dawson/Codex
PO. Box 9286
Richmond, VA 23227-0286

               USA Send E-mail correspondence to
codexzine_at_aol.com

When subscribing, please include the following:

Explicit list of what issues you want (in any cover letter, and

   on any check or Money Order)
US customers: ZIP + 4 if you know it (check your junk mail) ****email address if any*****
evening phone # if you don't mind (in case of confusion) your address, properly formatted for a delivery label

    (important for foreign subscribers)

Codex at your game store?

It can be, if it isn't already. Tell your US or Canadian game store that Codex is available through Chessex, Berkeley Games, Greenfield Games,  Wizard's Attic, or, for large enough orders, direct from me.

Writing for Codex=========================

I solicit your submissions of Gloranthan material for publication in Codex. Disk is preferred to e-mail, though file transfer via AOL is fine. Artwork is accepted in hard copy, but since I must scan everything in, it should be rendered in a format suitable for scanning. (That means black & white ink drawings without large solid black areas.) All rights revert to creators after publication, and creators receive a free copy of the issue of Codex their material appears in. Artists receive their choice of two copies of the issue their work appeared in, or one copy of two issues.  The preferred format is Macintosh Word 5.0, but I can  read DOS disks and most word processor formats.  I also follow most of the submission guidelines for  RQ as published by Avalon Hill. (I helped write them, after all.)

I solicit work on the East Isles for issue #4.

DO NOT send submissions to Colin or Andrew. All production work takes place in the US.

Thanks for putting up with this plug in the middle of the digest.

Mike Dawson
codexzine_at_aol.com
>|<

"I am impressed not only with the content, but also with the production. Your magazine is clean, well edited, and of course, a necessity for all Glorantha lovers. I initially signed up for just two issues. After once glimpse, I want more. I'll be sending another check to you on payday. I intend to track down every RQ fan that I can find and force them to subscribe."---- Matt Thale

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #66