Why Walktapi

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_sartar.toppoint.de>
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:05:02 1997

Loren Miller asked "Why Walktapi?"

> Pam Carlson mentions all the weird monsters in Glorantha, and says
> they all have reasons for being the way they are. But she mentions
> walktapi, and I've never heard why walktapi? What's the origin story
> of the walktapi, who was the first walktapus, and so on?

WF 2 gives part of the answer:

: The Walktapus is a creature of Chaos, spawned in unholy and downright
: disgusting union between two widely divergent species. Ordinarily such
: a joining would be unsuccessful, yet in the Time of the Great Darkness
: the oils of Chaos let slip the normal laws of the universe, allowing
: the birth of this and similar abominations. They are a formidable and
: terrible foe to fight. Normal men, ignorant of its ways, often try to
: kill them. To the men's sorrow, they too often succeed.

Plus some info on their fighting abilities in WB&RM terms (!).

Otherwise I wouldn't dwell too long on the reason behind chaos creatures other than Pocharngo and his minions... hopefully soon unfolded in Lords of Terror.