RQ T-shirts

From: PMichaels_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 1994 17:04:15 -0500

Greetings all!

Sadly, I received a very low response to my poll about the interest for t-shirts for RQ-Con 2. Only 10 people. (Much thanks to those 10!) Due in large part to this low response, Eric Rowe is now reconsidering the feasability of making the shirts. The results from those 10 folks were:

     1st choice - Trickster's Night Out
     2nd choice - God Learner/Borg (also got 2 negative votes)
     3rd choice - Rune
     4th choice - Arkat On Tour (also got 1 negative vote)
     5th choice - Get Ahead (also got 2 negative votes)
     6th choice - Thunderbreath

Eric Rowe has let me know that about _half_ of those presently registered for the con receive this digest. If I can get enough of you to respond to this post, perhaps we will go ahead and make something. Otherwise, we won't. It's that simple. So PLEASE RESPOND!

I also urge those of you who will not be attending the con to respond too if you might be willing to buy a shirt anyway. (If this is the case, please identify this in your response.)

Here's the deal:
All shirts would be heavy 100% cotton shirts, with quality dye that won't fade easily. (I've had a shirt for 5 years from the company I'll use, and it still looks great!) Cost would probably be between $10 to $12 US dollars. We'd probably make only 25 to 50 shirts total. (The purpose of this is NOT profit, but enjoyment.)

Due to lack of artwork, the shirts we can possibly do would be:

TRICKSTER'S NIGHT OUT
front - text saying "RuneQuest Con 2, Trickster's Night Out." back - illustration of a jester juggling 3 balls (which make the illusion rune)

RUNE
front - text saying "RuneQuest Con 2" over block of all GL runes (Defined as all the runes in Oliver Jovanovic's RQ font. Many thanks to Oliver for gifting the use of his font for the shirt!)

GOD LEARNER / BORG
front - GL-rune covered cube ship in space back - text saying "We are God Learner. You will be assimilated. Resistance if useless."

Now, who out there might be willing to buy one of these shirts? And, which design(s) would you want? Or, who out there does NOT want us to do shirts?

Please respond directly to me.

Peace,

     Peter
     (pmichaels_at_aol.com)