Introduction

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 19:45:29 +0800

        I am a part time student (a post grad in the area of computational neuroscience) and a part time computer consultant (at the moment mostly labouring in the database mines). I have a wide number of other interests, probably far too many.

        I live in Perth, Western Australia, probably the most isolated city in the world. There is a small but active RQ community - but even getting over to visit MOB in Melbourne is a fairly big deal!

        I have been playing roleplaying games since 1981 or so, on and off. I discovered RQ about 1982 or so, but though I really liked it I was a little frustrated about the lack of information about Glorantha, until I finally got around to buying Cults of Terror and Prax around 1985, and I new few other people who played (so I mostly played a very wide variety of other roleplaying games). When I reached university I met an active RQ community and I have been playing reasonably often ever since. I have been in at least one regular roleplaying campaign ever since, often as GM. I have run long running games of Champions, Pendragon, RQ, and a few others - and played in all sorts of other things, including a very long running and successful Shadowrun game.

        I began getting Andrew Bells RQ digest in 1990, and have been here ever since. The two longest RQ campaigns I have run have been an RQ3 game set in Sog City, and my current game, an RQ4/RQ:AIG playtest game, set in Prax (originally because I couldn't rely on having the time to create adventures, so I chose Prax because of the amount of published stuff).

        Currently, I am still running my Prax campaign, and I am going to be writing (and intermittently running) Nephilim.

        Cheers
                Dave