Galastar cheers & jeers

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 19:49:45 -0500

MOB says:
>I've only had time to lurk with the Glorantha Digest, but
>Martin's Galastarian poetry prompted me to briefly come out of
>my shell. I really enjoyed it, especially because of the
>scholarly footnotes. Please give us some more!

I guess I'll have to go to more boring meetings.

Mike Dawson says:
>In fact, the god learner knights who stole the bones are
>believed by all Galastari to have been natives of Eastpoint.

I stand corrected. Then why was the poem composed in *Loskalmi*?! I guess the poet was an Eastpointer who thought that composing in Loskalmi had more cachet than composing in Janubian, or else someone in Loskalm had the need to compose anti-Galastarian propaganda. Or maybe it was just that great scatalogical rhyme in the middle couplet which the poet couldn't resist. Or maybe I'm just frantically backpedalling? ;)

Those of you who are planning to play in or GM the Galastar Peace Conference at RQ Con II (and you know you are), there will apparently be at least three runnings. Mike Dawson (the Godfather of Galastar) will do one, and Eric Rowe tells me that he has other GMs lined up. The scenario will also be for sale at the Con. Watch for a crass commercial message in this space, once we know what we're charging.