RQ Con II LARPs

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_erzo.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 22:33:50 -0800

>Has anyone else received information and character assignments for the
>LARPs at RQ Con II? This was a highlight for me last year, and I
>certainly want time to plan costumes and plot lines.
>
>I'd appreciate info from anyone in the know.

Sure.

Here's the current status of the LARPs:

How the West Was One is basically sent. The majority of the character packets went to the post office on Tuesday. If you're in the LARP, you should get a packet including: an introduction, rules, a character writeup, a sect writeup and The University of Sog City Conference Guide in the next week or so.

The Broken Council is dragging a tad bit. I have a huge amount of new respect for Kevin, David and Nick after understanding just how much work goes into making one of these LARPs. Printed copies of characters have already been mailed to everyone without email access (as of today). For all you guys, characters will go out via email, since time is short. I started distribution of characters to people with email yesterday. If all goes well, all characters should be out by Monday or Tuesday. Everyone should already have received notice, at least, of who they are playing in the Broken Council. The Broken Council Guidebook won't be available until the Con.

If you have any questions about the LARPs at RQ Con II, feel free to drop me a line. Also, we're still looking to fill about a half-dozen spots in How the West Was One. If you'd be interested in playing, drop me a line!

Shannon