Ploughs

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 1995 08:47:07 +1100

G'day all,

Ploughs

Another great agricultural advance was the replacement of the simple plough by the wheeled one, and the use of a horse rather than an oxen. This did not occur until late into the medieval period dueto the lack of a collar that would enable the horse to pull without throttling itself. Maybe this is the better Loskalmi plough?

Fish Sauce

>Sticklepick/blackburn is based upon the roman dish of liquified
>and fermented fish variously known as garum, oxygarum,
>liquamen, muria etc.

So popular in Byzantine Constantinople in fact, you could smell it long before the city came in view!

I have borrowed this for the Sog City write-up, so those of you attending the VIIth Malkioni Council can read all about it in the City Guide.

The sauce seems to have been made by allowing split fish to suppurate on racks in the sun, and collecting the resulting run-off liquid in trays underneath. Urrghh...

MOB

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #76