Halcyon Var Enkorth

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 17:46:56 +0800

>Subject: Ockless baddies

> Now, who are the baddies in the original, "Griffin Mountain" ?
>
>Could anyone give me a brief description of "Griffin Mountain Reality" ?
>Thanks in advance.

        The original bad guys are basically just the more unscrupulous Lunars (basically what became the RedEye and Megaera cults Griffon Island), and some of the 'Orc' stuff originally referred to the Trolls of the Elder Wilds (not exactly bad guys, but not usually fun people to meet).

        The original Halcyon Var Enkorth is also basically the Lunar mastermind - and that is where the resemblence stops. He is one of my favourite villains - the cause of many of the PCs problems, but basically quite unremarkable in person, certainly not likely to hold out in combat against a tough PC for very long, let alone a group. He is still an initiate. But what he does have is low cunning, a healthy Lunar bankroll, and a few unscrupulous associates. He is also not even officially very politically powerful, just a Lunar agent who knows how to cause trouble. A great villain. Much more fun to roleplay than the stereotyped evil sorcerer of Griffon Island!

        Cheers
                Dave