more trivia

From: cdomino <cdomino_at_Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 20:31:51 -0600 (CST)

In keeping with the spirit of trivia (and someone's question a while back), I have to answer that I'm probably the only person left on here who's not either employed in the computer field or a student/professor of history/humanities,  or something similar. I am (get a grip) a bureaucrat.<g> Well, not by choice, but food's gotta go on the table, even if I have to shove miniatures and RQ books aside to make room.<g> I'm employed by a large metropolitan city utility in a vain attempt to seek out the Truth Rune amongst the Illusions of our God-Learner management.

To editorialize for my $.02 worth, while I find the discussions on here interesting, except for some rare tidbits, they aren't of much practical use in a campaign; I have to echo the complaint of a departing voice (Tony?) who lamented that the talk was a bit too scholarly at times. I'd hesitate to suggest that it SHOULD not be so; all groups are defined by their users! But I wonder if there are others like myself who find the format of the rules group and the subject matter herin a bit, er, smothering at times?

Oh yeah, I've been playing since 1981, gamemastering since about then also, ran a campaign based in Sartar and Prax (in college, 10 years ago), and have another one currently in the middle of Starbrow's revolt right now. Our intrepid party (not!) is currently trying to deal with the aftermath of an incomplete victory at Boldhome, counter a willy (not yet Count) Julian (yes, from Strangers in Prax) and deal with a thousand crazed spirit-possessed Boldhome citizens (due to a renegade Bad Man shaman). Poor sods. :)

Charlie Domino

Pizza jokes are a dime a dozen. Show me someone who can make fettucini jokes funny. Then I'll laugh.

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #77