more Trivia

From: Takehiro OHYA <KFC01067_at_niftyserve.or.jp>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 1995 14:46:00 +0900

Happy new year to everyone, and sorry for my absence.

Since I was working very hard for these 2 months on my amateur zin (in Japanese, of cource), I cannot read/write much English as this mailing list. (For me, Reading English is a spirit magic, while Writing English is a Cult magic which cost my soul to use.)

>From: cdomino <cdomino_at_Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>
>Subject: more trivia

>In keeping with the spirit of trivia (and someone's question a while back),
>I have to answer that I'm probably the only person left on here who's not
>either employed in the computer field or a student/professor of history/hu-
>manities, or something similar.

Sorry sir, you're not the lasy one. OK, let's begin my introduction.

TRIVIA:
I am 20 years old (I suppose I am the youngest in this Digest, right?). I am a student in the University of Tokyo, the most famous university in Japan. Though I am in the College of Arts and Sciences now, I'm going to belong to the Faculty of Law this April, to major in public law of Japan.
(It doesn't mean that I will be a B.A. this spring. In u-tokyo, the College of Arts and Sciences is 2 years course. Every student must belongs to it first, and then go to other faculties to decide his major.)

I started playing RPG 6 years ago, and the system is D&D, the only game I could read in Japanese that day. By now, more and more games were translated into Japanese, so we Japanese now have freedom to choose. Lucky enough. I came across RuneQuest in my highschool years, that time I play it as only a player, not a master. But its World Settings and many cults really fascinated me. In April 1993, I entered the university, and there joined the RPG club of my univ.. The club has some fame, because the member of it very contributed to introduce RQ to Japan. I started playing RQ frequently from that spring (as a Yelmario player), and that summer, I was invited to the Japanese RQ translation team, Gray Loads.

I like gamemastering in Pavis or around there, somehow because I love Morocanth. I really think, that's a very good idea to appear Morocanth in RQ.

On 25th Dec. 1994, the latest Japanese supplement, "Monster Colosseum" was published. Not the same as the English one, its "Monster Book" contains almost all creatures appeared in RQ3. This book is very convenient for gamemasters, I suppose.

Cheers,

Takehiro OHYA                     |                   Ein Nichts
College of Arts and Sciences,     |  waren wir, sind wir, werden
The University of Tokyo           |       wir bleiben, bluehend:
E-Mail: KFC01067_at_niftyserve.or.jp |             die Nichts-, die
   g310419_at_komaba.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp |                Niemandsrose.