Baddies at Griffin Mountain

From: Nigel Smith <ns10005_at_hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 15:27:26 +0000

Ralf Engels typed,

>as I was reading this half-week's mail, my mind wandered in strange ways
>and hit upon this question:
> I do possess "Griffin Island", where the baddies in Ockless and
> western surroundings are Orcs (apart from the master-mind and the
> dummy royal family).
>
> Now, who are the baddies in the original, "Griffin Mountain" ?

And the answer, possibly anticipated by Ralf, is the Lunars -boo,hiss,boo!- led on the slimy, nasty side by Lunar Agent Halcyon var Enkorth and Jalakeel/7M Priestess Marusa the Shrew, on the slightly more honest, martial side by Commander Euryptus the Bold, and on the quite nice, religious side by Elecora Kindtongue (7M High Priestess).

It's the same dummy royal family.

But then, this was from the old days when the only Lunar was a dead Lunar...