more on subject matter

From: cdomino <cdomino_at_Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 1995 14:02:15 -0600 (CST)

First off, I wish to thank Sandy for his generous offer. Only in Runequest can things like that happen, because it is such a unique universe, with unique developers (the members of this list included). Please do not assume that my late reply means I have ignored everyone's return posts; au contraire, I have just now read them thanks to what must be the sorriest internet service in the know universe, NeoSucks, eh, Neosoft. I'll be changing soon....

Second, other than the iron and urine threads (which were just *dragging*<g>) the subjects haven't been half bad. In part, it's a hangover from last year on the list (before I quit due to CI$ costs) when I made a similar complaint over extended nitpicking over praxian lore, lengthy non-informative posts which prompted me to ask "quit telling everyone that there were these great uses for bone and sinew, and LIST them, so I can use them!" Someone answered my post by email, but hinted strongly that my *practial* question had no place on the old distribution list. I find the current attitudes and threads much more democratic.

Third, gee, Sandy at my disposal, eh? Suppose you realize what you got your self into by now, from other responses, hm? I'll be kind--Right now I'm interested in the cult of Humakt write-up (that back issue is no longer availible), and in some of the "world filler" that other authors have come up with. I've got terminal fear of being "Gregged", had it long before the term was invented, so I don't make up much original for RQ; I don't have the historical perspective needed anyway. Someone made up Sog City, I recall-- I'd be interested in that (too many open gaps--it's on a map somewhere, but nothing seen anywhere), and also the various ruins on the Dragon Pass map. I saw one explanation about the Smoking Ruins, none about the others.

OK, I'm starting to ramble, so let me cut out of here before I eat up too] much bandwidth. Can't type or edit offline, then upload due to NeoSucks, so my posts are very stream of conciousness these days.

Charlie
Sig file? What sig file? *I* followed the instructions, now tell the computer to!