Re: Glorantha Digest V1 #78

From: Nigel Smith <ns10005_at_hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 09:18:02 +0000

Hello again, and a Happy New Year.

Doug Thayer said:
>It seems to me the correct metal for a plow in Gloranthan terms is
>the metal of the appropriate Husband of Ernalda. This to me has the
>appropriate symbology.

Like this thought, plus the potential antagonisms between different myths, and between elders and modernisers..

        "Look, this iron plow works much better than our copper ones."
        "Stone Him!"

>ps. enjoying the discussions about real earth plows and urine. Excuse
>my ignorance, what exactly is urine used for (is it just a mild acid,
>or does it have other properties as well?)

Ditto, ditto.

As for complaints about esoteric discussions, I find it all interesting as background (dare I say Illuminating in such company?), and often find something I can use. But most of the time I sit in awe at the keyboard, wondering how people can think up such wonders...

        Nigel