what? another fanzine?

From: Harald Smith (617) 724-9843 <"Harald>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 08:10:00 -0500 (EST)

Yes, another fanzine makes its debut at RQ Con2! (Assuming Orlantio does not interfere too much, of course.) Joining the ranks of such classic fanzines as Tales of the Reaching Moon and Codex is the New Lolon Gospel, a fanzine expressly designed to further understanding of the Lunar Kingdom of Imther and surrounding lands.

Volume I makes its appearance at RQ Con2. This material has been put together for the first time since the sacking of the New Lolon Temple of Truth by the barbarians of Vanch.

What you get--40 pages of notes, stories, and illustrations including:

The Compendium of the Divine (an encyclopaedic look at the deities of Imther) The Cult of Ralaska, the Hearthmother (the first Imtherian cult to see print!)
Hearth Stories and Songs (common tales and songs from beside the Imtherian fire)
Mythic Cycles (some new stories, some from the RQ Daily, some story fragments, but all put together for the first time into their proper place in the mythos)
Assorted Tidbits (slang, special magics, illustrations of Khelmal and Orlantio, and the first ever picture of the magnificent Daughter's Road!)

All this is available for a reasonable 1/4 Wheel or 40 Imtherian Bracchi or 4 Imperial Lunars (though the Priests of Bracchus refuse to accept the debased Lunar currency circulating in Boldhome, they will accept elvish paper script in the amount of $4).

This fanzine will not be sold in stores, so get your copy while you can.

(For those of you unable to attend the RQ Con2, but are desirous of a copy, please send me an email. While my print run of Volume I is limited, if there is enough interest, I may be able to print a second run. For those of you in other parts of the world with interest, I will explore the possibility of print arrangements with the folks at Tales and Free INT.)

I will accept subscriptions to the New Lolon Gospel, though, at this point, I'm only committing to one issue a year. This may change if I get additional outside contributions. I need a sense of volume and mailing costs, though, before I can finalize a subscription price.

I will also accept contributions pertaining to Imther or immediate surrounding areas (i.e. Vanch, Tork, the Jord Mountains, and the Elf Sea). This fanzine is meant to help develop and enrich a particular area of the world of Glorantha. It is my hope that this fanzine is of use to both GM's AND Players, allowing both to get a feel for the richness of the land.

My plans for Volume II are: the cult of Lokarma (the Imtherian merchant goddess), merchants of Imther (trade routes, notes on citadels, coinage, or anything else of pertinent interest), cycles of the Kings and Queens, legends of the tribes and clans, and, of course, more trickster material. If you have anything on these topics, please let me know.

Long-term plans for other issues include other cults, stories and myths, the Conquering Daughter in Imther (roadbuilding and other benefits of civilization), the Great Temple of Khelmal, and legends of the Elf Sea.

Hope you enjoy!

Hope to meet many of you at the Con and don't forget the Imther Seminar! Harald