Crimson Batfood...

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 10:53:28 +1300

Takehiro OHYA:

>First, as Mr. David Scott asked in TotRM #9, about the allied
>spirits of the cult. Is it still the minibat of RQ2, or else?

Generally I do not think the Bat is powerful enough to provide allied spirits. IMO however, Some Priests may have these creatures from worshipping the Crimson Bat's mother (who is either Artia the Bat Planet [Please, no batjokes] or Mahaquata) and then warping them via a special heroquest. This could also be the origin of the Batwings spell in Cults of Terror.

>Second, about the Seven Mothers. Are they still associated for the
>Bat, and providing Mindblast? Or they only admit the cultists to
>join their cult and providing their Rune Magics as per normal
>intiates?

IMO, only admit cultists to join their cult.

>Third, about the spell Glowspot. It is 3 point spell, right?
>According to the cult book (The Seven Mothers and Etyries),
>all Lunar divine spells are cyclic, so a 3 point divine spell
>may only be cast on the days of Half Moon and Full Moon.
>It is clear that when Glowspot also follow this cycle, the
>spell is almost useless.

The Bat itself functions as a glowspot with a radius of 20km. So the Priests when they want to travel further a field cast this spell at the edge of the glowspot and they've got four hours of glowspot on them so they can travel without requiring the Bat as backup. I don't think a priest travels very far from the bat (unless he or she happens to be the High Priest and the Emperor wants to resummon the Bat }B-)