Bat thoughts

From: Nick Eden <pheasant_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 95 19:13 GMT

> Third, about the spell Glowspot. It is 3 point spell, right?
> According to the cult book (The Seven Mothers and Etyries),
> all Lunar divine spells are cyclic, so a 3 point divine spell
> may only be cast on the days of Half Moon and Full Moon.
> It is clear that when Glowspot also follow this cycle, the
> spell is almost useless. Some of my solution for this problem
> are the followings.
> a) Glowspot is the exception for this cycle, so that the cultist
> may cast the spell whenever they want.
> b) All divine spells of the Crimson Bat are not Lunar, and don't
> follow the cycle.
> c) Glowspot is almost useless, and that's OK, no problem.

One thing you might have overlooked. Almost all of the time one finds a bat priest, there'll be a dirty great bat in the area as well. The bat has it's own glowspot, which will enable the priest to cast the spell. Effectively the glowspot spell is a way of carrying a part of the bat's power away from the beastie, and a very useful power it is as well.

Well it's an idea anyway.