Ruins, filler, and Humakt

From: cdomino <cdomino_at_Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 20:43:52 -0600 (CST)

First off, thanks again to Sandy for the Humakt writeup, and for the info on the Falling Ruins. To others who have asked me to relay the cult writeup, I ask for patience. Until a problem with my email editor is resolved (I have been arguing for 2 weeks with my net provider), I can't upload anything longer than 20-30 lines without overloading the buffer and getting kicked out of my mail program. Had I thought ahead, I'd have kept the file on Neosoft's system, but I routinely dump and delete my mail daily, keeping a copy on my home system only.

        Second, by "world filler" I meant something we have seen a lot of; the player/gm invented scenario/world background/cults, etc. Things like the conflict escalation rules we recently saw, and places where someone took a name on a map (which was nothing but) and created an addition to Greg's living, breathing world.

        Finally, to add the Smoking Ruins (from memory), I think it was alluded to in Eldar Races as being the remains of two huge Troll armies, one from the Only Old One in Ketheala, the other from Cragspider, which had just won a huge victory over the Beastpeople and their allies. This was shortly after the time of the True Golden Horde, when no human dared walk in the Pass. Supposedly, the trolls held a huge victory celebration and got so drunk they all passed out. Surviving centaurs and other beastfolk slipped into the Troll camp, cut all their throats, and piled them up into a huge funeral pyre "which still smokes to this day." Seems VERY unlikely as that was 400 years ago, but magic may be involved.

Charlie

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #84