Issaries; picky (?) eaters

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 20:10:17 -0500

Michael Raaterova <cabal_at_algonet.se> sez some interesting things about Issaries and concludes:
>Any comments on this version of Issaries? Be nice though; this
>is my first posting on the digest.

Plausible. I think this is the way that Issaries works in East Ralios, where there is little trade. However, please remember that not all trade is long distance trade. One of Issaries's aspects or children is Harst, called "Spare Grain."

     An interesting theory posted in this forum recently is that Sartar is more urbanized than one would expect from the barbarity (er, I mean quaint rustic character) of its citizens, with trade being a big deal. Sort of a Gloranthan Arabia. Far Point, though, is a backwater, I agree.

>I've got musings on Lhankor Mhy, Odayla and Asrelia and other
>gods who stand in the shadow of Ernalda and Orlanth to be posted
>if any one is interested.

Yes, absolutely. Every pantheon has some flat characters, of course, but even flat characters can hold interesting surprises.

Dave Cake says, about the number of flavors:
> Of course, there are probably a few extra tastes known
>to trolls. I suspect trolls are fairly picky about texture, as
>well.

Picky? Are we talking about the beings which think a rotten horse is a nice midday snack? Sure, they have a good vocabulary for things like the relative putrefaction of various foods, as well as the amount of scavengers squirming in their food. And I think the trolls of Dagori Inkarth import much of Far Point's sticklepick. But I wouldn't call the multiverse's greatest gourmands picky.

Would anyone be interested in seeing the levels of conflict bit I've written on the Praxians?

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #85