Fire!

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 21:34:02 +0000

Ian Gorlick:

>Of course the Solar cultists will have some other version that either
>ignores the Storm gods or accuses them of stealing the children.

I'm thinking the Solar (well Dara Happan) Fires are actually said to be the body of Yelm when he was killed. That way, the average Dara Happan family can make a ordinary housefire using the ignite (from a proper Solar God of course) spell or reciting a special prayer when using a fire maker and still turn their nose up at the smelly hill barbarians who use the polluting lowfires.