Re: mind reading of priests; Mahome

From: via RadioMail <David>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 23:38:45 -0800

Mike Cule asserts:

>The god knows what his priest is thinking at all times

which I think is contradictory to the way most people (including Greg Stafford) run it. The way I run Divination, gods can't tell what ANY human is thinking (all they know is what they can observe or what they're told). If gods could read the minds of their priests, there would never be priests like Lokamayadon [see King of Sartar].

>played Portin Dunbar, the
>herald of Boldhome in the first run of HOME OF THE BOLD

Hmm, I knew that name sounded familiar -- he was essentially the Herald role in "How the West Was One" as well.

Ian Gorlick asks

>Michael Raaterova proposes that Barntar and Mahome be worshipped as man & wife
>representing field & hearth. This is a novel idea. I like the idea of
>providing
>Barntar with a wife who represents the household duties but I had not
>considered
>Mahome in that role. Michael, is this your own idea or does it have precedent
>in
>some other source?

It's in King of Sartar, where Mahome is part of Ernalda's household.

Here's my short writeup of RQ-Con 2: it was fun!

Several people said I had the best hat in "How the West Was One" (as the ecclesiarch Gaiseron the Mystic) but I feel I was definitely topped by both Greg Stafford and Nick Brooke/Mike O'Brien's Emperor hat in "Broken Council" the next day. Ah, how fleeting is fame...

More later. And thanks to my wife, Elise Bowditch, for making the hat and ecclesiarchal robes on very short notice.