Spectres

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 11:50:49 +0800

>>Any explanation as to what spectres are?
> Creatures of illusion. Not as primal as boggles (Disorder
>beings), but pretty ancient. Perhaps any very long-lasting illusion
>eventually degenerates (or evolves) into a spectre.

        Which is interesting, as the best candidates that I know of for long lasting and free willed (illusionary free willed? I smell a Turing test argument lurking here) illusions are the other sort of spectre, as described in the cult of the Black Sun. So it is conceivable that quite a few of the most powerful cult spirits of the Black Sun are spectres. Which gives us a good explanation for why they have the same name.

        The only question then remaining is what precipitates the change, as the two seem quite distinct in terms of properties.

        Cheers
                David Cake

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #94