Vinga; Dara Happan fire

From: via RadioMail <David>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 21:48:35 -0800

In the lore auction at RQ-Con 2, I asked Greg about Vinga. He said her parents are either Orlanth and Ernalda, or some Heortling couple. She had no special role before becoming the goddess of adventure.

Peter Metcalfe suggests

>I'm thinking the Solar (well Dara Happan) Fires are actually said to be
>the body of Yelm when he was killed.

But the Dara Happans don't believe that Yelm was killed; see Glorious ReAscent of Yelm for details on how Orlanth killed Murharzarm and Yelm was so shocked that he disintegrated. And the pieces seem more or less accounted for.

I have two spare copies of my PenDragon Pass rules. Send me your POSTAL address if you'd like a copy. All I ask for is feedback (which, I regret to state, I haven't received from most of the people I've earlier sent copies to. Does it work? Was it too close to RQ? Was there resistance to changing?).