Reading the minds of priests.

From: BRIAN.B.D.PINCH_at_BHPMELMSM.BHP.bhpmel04.telememo.au
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 12:35:06 +1000

Mike Cule:
> Firstly, I do believe that it is standard RQ and standard Glorantha that >the
Initiates, Priests and Lords are the God's senses in the mundane >world. Now, the communication isn't perfect either way. [...]
> But a god will certainly know if a Priest does something directly >contrary
to his beliefs: commits a sin in other words. That is directly >in the god's focus of attention and directly in his interests.

I believe that _most_ of the information that the dieties obtained came from the prayer of priests and to a lesser extent initiates. That is if they're not told something, they generally just don't know it. For example, in a divination you'll probably get the knowledge of where the priest is (or was last) located, but not of their secret intentions (if any ). Whilst the gods are certainly capable of pulling the information, they normally don't do that sort of thing. Any naughtiness is left to their faithful priests and initiates to police.

If communciation was direct, If the god knew his favourite priest was in trouble, why is it necessary to request DI?

Brian.B.D.Pinch_at_msm.bhp.com.au <SPACE RESERVED FOR RENT>