re:Glorantha Digest V1 #92, assorted replies

From: ian (i.) gorlick <"ian>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 12:16:00 -0500

Nick Eden about Donandar:

I'd like to see your write-up for the Orlanthi Donandar.

I am split about the Truth/Illusion rune for Donandar. Yes, the skalds do tell the truth, but it is a distorted one. Their songs make virtues greater than they are in reality, and vices worse. I would almost be inclined to give Donandar both runes. They weave wonderful illusions out of truth.

Kuri on the Crimson Bat:
>I think Red Goddess' Cyclic Growlight Effect is derived from Crimson Bat.

There is an interesting inversion. The Goddess colour, red, is derived from her great conquest of the mighty Bat, it was not intrinsic in the Goddess. Presumably her cyclic nature is intrinsic. So, in her we see the red glow and chaos powers waxing and waning; but in the bat, from whom she took the red light, the glow holds constant.

Sandy about garum:
Alison Place took her reference from The Roman Cookery of Apicius, Translated and Adapted for the Modern Kitchen by John Edwards.

Sandy about Issaries:
Please don't give me credit or blame for Alison's comments. She uses my account but she has her own opinions and I disavow all responsibility for them.

Sandy about Geases:
I like the Thanatar ceremony. What would it be called, ratomancy? Really gruesome, I think I'll have to inflict it on someone, someday.