Irritating Newbie Questions, part 2

From: Neil Smith <NSMITH_at_dmu.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 17:07:03 GMT

Everyone

Albeit a little late, I'd like to say "Thanks" to all those that responded to my earlier set of irritating newbie questions. The answers were many and varied and all extremely interesting. I'll post a summary (mainly about what illumination is) if anyone is interested.

Sandy

You wanted to know what people are interested in you releasing. You could put all your files onto csua.berkeley if they'll let you. If that is not an option, I'd like to see some cultural/social information on how people live, like the fighting etiquette and Hearth Day rituals that were posted recently.

And finally, the irritating newbie question: how prevalent is the use of coin in DP/Prax? I presume that the Lunars use coin for most tansactions and the Praxians (at least internally) hardly at all, preferring barter. Is this right? What about Manirian barbarians? Coin in cities, perhaps, but how is trade performed in the boondocks? Would a village redsmith accept coin or gems to repair an adventurer's armour, or would they hold out for livestock, provisions, etc (perhaps "liberated" from the neighbouring village - have to use Martin's raiding notes sometime!)?

Thanks again for your patience; please tell me if I'm getting too irritating.

Neil.

Neil Smith Email: nsmith_at_dmu.ac.uk http://www.mk.dmu.ac.uk/ Junior Research Fellow, Computer Sci. Tel: (01908) 695511 x4850 De Montfort University, Milton Keynes Fax: (01908) 834948