Skalds, councils and scenario.

From: Jonas Schiott <jonas.schiott_at_vinga.hum.gu.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 18:58:17 +0000

I'd just like to point out that Michael (the Swedish one - and stop apologizing for it all the time you sissy ;-)) is correct in his historical description of norse skalds.
However, I still feel that _any_ orlanthi could become a skald, and _particularly_ one worshipping Orlanth himself. I mean, who do you think came up with all that stuff the Wind Lords have to memorize? But otherwise I agree a lot with Mike's ideas.

Someone mentioned:

>The Broken Council Guidebook

I would kill for a copy of this, as the period of history it covers is essential to our campaign.

Which brings me to a renewal of my old offer of the "Growing Pains" scenario, via e-mail, to anyone who wants it. It's about 100 K (don't worry, I've split it into five parts), and concerns the East Wilds orlanthi, initiation, heroquesting and suchlike. And, because someone asked: no, the title of the scenario does _not_ have anything to do with some stupid American sitcom!!! It's a pun based on the two major themes in the adventure.

(      Jonas Schiott                                   )
(      Institutionen for Ide- och lardomshistoria      )
(      Goteborgs Universitet                           )