Re: Now, more Sandy

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idcube.idsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 95 16:46:54 -0600

Neil Smith:
>how prevalent is the use of coin in DP/Prax?
In Dragon Pass, I think coins are pretty common inside the towns, and are occasionally seen in rural areas.

        In Prax I think coins are only used in Pavis. Maybe Pimper's Block.

        I think that anywhere in Sartar, people recognize and accept coins for tasks or goods. Still, most exchanges are barter. In Heortland this is also true. I think of Heortland as being somewhat more civilized and urbane than Sartar (not everyone agrees with me).

        A village redsmith would be proud to accept a rare coin instead of just a chicken or whatever to work on an adventurer's armor.

>I was under the impression that Avalon Hill had said something about

>limiting cons containing the word "Runequest" to one a year

        How can they stop us? We just call it RuneCon or RQ Con or something. Or Glorantha Con -- I'm sure Chaosium would permit using _that_ name in a convention.

A Kralori double-couplet

	The hair falls out with passing years.
	The legs grow old, the eyes, the ears.

	We know our youth away doth speed,