Not More Urine!!!

From: cdomino <cdomino_at_Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 17:13:34 -0600 (CST)

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Read in my local paper where one of Sweeden's major exports now is wolf urine. Yep. Originally, they shipped the real stuff, but now modern technology has provided us with a synthetic, which has a longer shelf life. The mind boggles.

So what is it used for? Traffic control. Of camels. In the Middle East.

Yup. Seems the Sweedes were using it to keep elk or moose or whatever from wandering into roads; the elk get one whiff, and they head for safer parts. And don't get run over as a result. So some bright boy (girl?) gets the idea to see if camels will react the same way. And they do.

Somehow, I just can't see it; Telmori exporting their Wolf Brother's urine to the Redlands, so farmers can keep wild animals out of their fields, not to mention spook the ocassional Pentian raiding party. <vbg, with a snicker added>

Charlie