Re: Glorantha Digest V1 #99

From: Scott Haney <scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 18:57:44 CST

Loren:
& To quantify things and offer my counter-proposal, I think the gods get
& about as much information out of an entire day of worship services as
& worshippers get out of a divination: no more than seven words.

Per worshipper, I hope you mean! :)

Another thought: given that the gods are lounging about somewhere outside of time, any information that they get (regardless of how much per worshipper...this can be anything from seven words each to Polaroids of the last High Holy Day office party) is probably arriving all at once. It's like a broad-band radio--they get *all* the stations at the same time, no tuning, no volume control. So they might be able to find out just about anything IF they knew to look in the first place...otherwise, it's mostly static.

Scotty