Illumination

From: Jake Meredith <jake_at_spy.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 12:12:45 -0700 (MST)

Having read the mechanics for Illumination in DLoD I thought that the basic idea was good, but that it's implementation was...I don't know flavorless. The idea for an earth shaking change in perceptions brought about by riddles reminded me of zen and koans. However the result of Illumination seemed like a rules construct to allow characters to glom on to any cult powers they could grab, plus chaotic features, and didn't (except for the first power) seem to encompas any change of philosophy.

So my question is: do any of you have any different mechanics or writeup for Illumination? Do the Kralori practice a different form then the lunars? Also have any of you used the mysterious second age Nysalor cults? Do chaotics have a _Gbaji_ cult? Thanks in advance.

| Jake Meredith | All day and night I hunger for truth, |
| jake_at_spy.org | but in the morning I hunger for breakfast. |