Re: RQA4 & Whitewall

From: johnca_at_autodesk.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 95 10:18:54 PST

     As always, RQA contains un-official material that is culled from
     previous publications and campaign play.  The view of Whitewall
     presented in RQA4 comes in part from --
        1.  Greg once mentioned the large Argan Argar statue.
        2.  A seige of the city began after bat was killed in 1619 when a
               party of Orlanthi teleported on top of it.
        3.  King Broyan regularly slips in and out of Whitewall
               during the seige.
        4.  The city falls as described in KOS.

>The main points of contention seem to be that I and Joerg feel that
>the Kitori are a large independant tribe, not part of the Volsaxi at
>all, and that their tribal seat is quite unlikely to be at Whitewall.
I seem to recall reading/Greg mentioning/daydreaming that Whitewall is the seat of the human Kitori. The Sartar Tribes maps from Tales lists the Kitori as Volsaxi if I remember right, and I always pictured the Volsaxi at this time as a loose confederation put together by Broyan to resist the Lunars (not as a kindom). If RQA4 pictured the Kitori as oweing direct fealty to Broyan, that was not intended -- to me, they have always been an independant tribe. RQA now has a small homepage! It's still under contruction, but you might like to point your browser at it -- http://www.best.com/~savage/rqa.html

john