Sense Bollocks 100%

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 25 Jan 95 15:54:25 EST

Peter Metcalfe:

> For instance, a Chaos worshipper is detectable by Uroxi beserkers, not
> because he worships Chaos but because he feverently believes the world
> sucks and should be destroyed. [Cults of Terror had an excellent piece
> on this and I hope it's in Lords of Terror.] It is this belief which
> the Uroxi senses.

A Chaos-tainted tree, stone, or patch of ground presumably believes the same thing, then. Or else your explanation doesn't work.

[Possible defence: an animistic world-view. But who believes that one?].

Ah well, in that case you should note that Lunars with Chaos Gifts do not "fervently believe the world sucks and should be destroyed" -- yet they are sensed as Chaotic by Storm Bulls.

[You want my vote for something round here that sucks?]

BTW, I'm afraid the two-headed dragonsnail piece didn't make it into LoT: it was probably edged out by one of Stephen's Lovecraft transcriptions. Perhaps you could repost the original here, for denuded posterity to marvel at?

> The Lunar book will have a lot of stuff about [Second Age illumination]

Gee, that's good news! Has anyone told Greg, yet?

Nick