Nick fumbles his Sense Bollocks skill...

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 12:13:14 +0000

Nick:

claimed to have 100% sense bollocks and detected said matter within my piece. Unfortunately for him, the skill detects any _bollocksy_ material within 100 posts and was really set off by the following piece of horseshit:

>Without their unrelenting
>pressure, I would hardly have been awake and writing at 3 a.m. in a City
>office-block on a hot summer's night...

		   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IN ENGLAND? ROTFLMAO! Now for the 'offending' piece. I wrote:

>> For instance, a Chaos worshipper is detectable by Uroxi beserkers, not
>> because he worships Chaos but because he feverently believes the world
>> sucks and should be destroyed. [Cults of Terror had an excellent piece
>> on this and I hope it's in Lords of Terror.] It is this belief which
>> the Uroxi senses.

to which Nick retorted:

>A Chaos-tainted tree, stone, or patch of ground presumably believes the same
>thing, then. Or else your explanation doesn't work.

but then blew his own foot off by mentioning:

>[Possible defence: an animistic world-view. But who believes that one?].

Whassa matter? You got something against animism?

>Ah well, in that case you should note that Lunars with Chaos Gifts do not
>"fervently believe the world sucks and should be destroyed" -- yet they are
>sensed as Chaotic by Storm Bulls.

'Chaos Gifts' is a demented lie put out by sad and pathetic gray 'sages'. The actually runespell translates as something like 'the Blessings of the Void' which is _completely_ different. The Uroxi are too brain-damaged to tell the obvious difference. 'nuff said.

>BTW, I'm afraid the two-headed dragonsnail piece didn't make it into LoT: it
>was probably edged out by one of Stephen's Lovecraft transcriptions. Perhaps
>you could repost the original here, for denuded posterity to marvel at?

Copyright problems will probably make Loren throttle you for that remark, but I'll post a paraphrase as soon as I dig CoT out of my archives. BTW 'denuded posterity'? Dontcha have CoT, Nick?

Stephen Lovecraft? At least it's not Derleth or Bellknapp-long (sp?) of the Hounds of Tindalos fame who wrote something like 'they are bursting through the walls! Arrrr...'!

>> The Lunar book will have a lot of stuff about [Second Age illumination]

Actually it should be [Second Age nysalorian cults]. bit o'difference, Nick. You may quibble about the 'lot of stuff' {t'was poetic licence}. Given Greg's prospenity for Arkatism, I probably should have said 'The Lunar Book currently looks as though it will have...'. Somehow Nick's said skill didn't pick that one up...

Ah well, I enjoyed the poetry and the Arrolian piece. And yes, John, I promise not to theorise on historical bits if I'm writing the FAQ.