Regeased.

From: owner-glorantha_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 95 23:18:33 GMT

Sandy first recants:
> First off, I've redescribed my "kill Alex Ferguson" geas as
> "get special help from Humakt while trying to kill Alex Ferguson",
> removing the guarantee of victory, and making it better if you get a
> lot of help.

and then (re)turns to the offensive:
> Er. Seems to me that (A) assassins are a real threat in
> Glorantha. The story of Argrath's entry into Boldhome, for instance,
> includes more than one assassination attempt. If such attempts were
> futile, who'd try, given the ease of resurrection?

Did I suggest they be futile? Not at all. What I said is that magically-assisted killing shouldn't be _certain_ (other than in cases with important preconditions), which says nothing about how hard or easy "mundane" assassination should be, and only moderately constrains the possible available magical means.

> Secondly, the fact that it's possible to expunge a head of
> state in our own real world hasn't prevented us from having politics.
> It's easier to kill off John Major than it is to kill Sor Eel, seems
> to me, even if we have suicide Humakti on the rampage.

It wouldn't have been in the presence of sure-kill mega-geasa, though, right? Or even remotely as difficult.

Alex.

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #107