Wants Cults

From: Nick Eden <pheasant_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 20:44 GMT

> Stephen Watson:
>
> > Full Cult Writeups
> > There are some vital ones we need to be published:
> > Waha Should have been in River of Cradles
> > Eiritha Should have been in River of Cradles
> > Seven Mothers Main enemy cult
>
> Obviously, I disagree with your role for the Seven Mothers, which ought
> to bethe main PC cult.

True. True. But Steve, if you remember him, is an Orlanthi. I've heard some of his characters are as well.

> I hope the two primary Praxian cults will be included in Tales #14 (a
> PraxianSpecial), out later this year. As there is damn' all else on the
> nomads in RoC,they'd have been a bit out of place there, no?

'Bout Bleeding Time.

While I fully accept that there is damn all else on the nomads in RoC, I see this as the book's major failing. We, the Glorantha nuts, have got the information to run a game in Prax, but the poor suckers without the archive of RQ II materials are in a state. RoC should have had W & E in just so that people could understand who the nomads were.

> We have a Lunar Special on the drawing-board, and I dare say it'd have
> something you could beat up in it, though we've given you the Crimson
Bat> and the Granite Phalanx in recent issues, and with "Lords of Terror" just> out you've got the chance to take on something else really dangerous, not
> just a bunch of Moonie missionaries. What, you want the "main enemy
cult"> to be easier to take on than these guys? Shame on you!

Sounds good.

        One thing I could really do with, and far a change it shouldn't take long for AH to develop (naive assumption that they will be developing anything after Soldiers of the Moon) would be a Cult Compendium. About a year ago I checked out how many cults had been published and was a little surprised to find that there had been more offical RQIII cults than there ever were for RQII, but for the most part they were scattered, and mainly in magazines that had since gone out of print. Just a book with them all together, all in the same place etc would be so useful. Preferably with Yelmalio and Thanatar, but definately with Humakt, Magasta, Yelm, the Bat, etc etc etc. Is this a pipedream?