Re: Glorantha Digest V1 #110

From: John P Hughes <John.Hughes_at_anu.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 1995 14:14:29 +1100

Howdy Folks

'It was the beginning of the Third Age of mankind...'

GORGORMA: MY FAVOURITE GODDESS It's very late as I type this, back from a long day running East Isles RQ at CanCon. I've been asked for information on the cult of Gorgorma, and a quick scan through my sources hasn't come up with much, despite her being a long-time personal favourite.

I'd be grateful for any ideas and opinions on Gorgorma of the Two Mouths, Dark Sister, Other of Yelm, Shadow of Many, Third Daughter of Genert. Is there source material available besides GoG and those wonderfully evocative myths in GRAY?

THE FAQ PROJECT Peter M, I nominated you for the 'Eternal Questions' in the FAQ because I think it's a topic best done with a light humourous touch, and I have warm memories of your 'What Comes Out of Charg?' posting.

Myself, I'd be happy to do a short essay on a topic especially for the FAQ, or linked into it and available on the RQ site. The possible topics I'd like to write about include approaches to myth in Glorantha, shamans and shamanism, the use and abuse of real world analogues, everyday life, designing cultures... you guys know the stuff I rave about.