no subject (file transmission)

From: Stephen Watson <eurmal_at_spuddy.mew.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 12:41:39 +0000 (GMT)

I called 7 Mothers the main enemy cult from force of habit. We're supposed to be doing the Cradle sometime soon, for about the last 3 months, so every character rolled up has been anti-lunar.

I do think that a cult that covers the Empire & spends all its time trying to recruit new members needs a bit more than a few paragraphs in Gods of Glorantha.

> As there is damn' all else on the nomads in RoC, they'd have been a
> bit out of place there, no?

Something would have been nice. RoC is a narrow strip surrounded by nomads wandering through it like they owned the place.

> a brief aside - has anyone else noticed that on the 'Prax
> encounter table', in the handouts from Shadows on the Borderlands, you can
> encounter 'Ogres masquerading as merchants', but you never encounter
> merchants! This must make it easy to identify the Ogres!

Watch out for the shamans as well. According to some sources a 10 MP advantage counts as a win in spirit combat. Since the Bad Man has POW 35, all human-looking shamen must be very lucky ogres.

>>That vampire wandering around with Second Mouth doesn't
>>know it's useless to him.
>You're assuming the vampire is male.

I was refering to a vampire in a published scenario, but thanks for the idea re a female vampire.

>True. True. But Steve, if you remember him, is an Orlanthi.
I am? Besides, I was playing a Yelmalian in Home of the Bold.