Re: Glorantha Digest V1 #115

From: Paul Reilly <paul_at_phyast.pitt.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 15:28:12 +0500

 Paul Reilly responding to Brian Pinch:

>Would the Chalana Arroy pick
>up a two handed sword to slay these foul creatures?

  I tend to think of the Chalana Arroy prohibitions as a combination of philosophical ethics AND ritual cleanliless. Remember that these Healers have powerful magic of life and healing. If they kill a creature, even a 'bad, chaotic' creature, they could get "death cooties" and have to go through lengthy ritual ablutions before participating in healing or cult rituals again. Look at what happens to Hindus, Orthodox Jews, or Ancient Romans who touch dead bodies for examples of ritual pollution.

  Responding to Dave Cake:

  I think that the reptile-earth connection goes back at least to Genert and that it is quite widespread, known at least as far as Prax, Esrolia, and Pelanda. Maybe even in the West and possibly Kralorela but who knows?

  Pretty much agree about Gorgorma - except note that she is the "other face" of Dendara and thus doesn't NEED to have a cult maintaining her power - she is inseparable from Dendara and the millions of Dendara believers supply power to Gorgorma.

  David Gabois wrote about the Broken Larp:
>the trading card part was really tedious

  Yes, couldn't agree more.

>Khorzanelm's "Bugger Underling" card,

  I confess I stuck that card in myself.

  Penemara (Jim) gets my personal award for Best Roleplaying. I wanted to ask her (Penemara) out on a date, sadly she doesn't exist in the RW...

> As encouragement for others to contribute their HtWWO LARP writeups, I'm

  Sadly I am too hopelessly senile to pen a coherent writeup... might try to produce an incoherent one...