Yanafal Tarnils (was Strangest Question)

From: NDROBINS_at_NDROBINS.FIN.GOV.BC.CA
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 95 16:10:00 PST

Andrew Joelson talks about Yanafal Tarnils priests NOT being involved in the running of the military...

> The duties of an officer are as many and varied as those of a priest.
Yes. But the duty of a YT priest is to be an officer and serve the army. Fazzur's work is also exactly what a YT initiate would want to do. Yes, he is too important to worry about training, but his actions are definately furthering the cult (and the army).

The YT from the 7 Mother's cult is a small subsection of all Yanifal Tarnils worship. Most YT are just in the army, with the special cases in the 7M's cult being allowed more flexibility. After all, their goal is to expand Lunar worship and deal with strange foreigners. This flexibility makes them 'better' potential PCs. If you want to worship YT, join the army. I'm not convinced that it is an 'officers only' cult, but most high-ranking officer better be rune-level YTs.

Anyway, I would assume that Yanafal Tarnils 'priests' are very rare, and 90+% are rune lords instead (or lord-priests). This is a warrior cult.

All of this, IMHO.

Oh yeah, I really enjoyed the 'Lunar Tunes' seminar. "Carry On in the Lunar Army" would have been an appropriate title (for those who have seen the 'Carry On' movies.

Neil

Neil Robinson NDROBINS_at_NDROBINS.FIN.GOV.BC.CA