Questions: Orlanthi Initiates

From: Mark R. Hansen <MRHANSEN_at_china.qgraph.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 1995 21:51:52 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

My group, and I, are new to Glorantha and Runequest. I've got a few questions regarding initiates. At this time, all players are members of Clan Renekoti.

Can an initiate learn all of the command and special divine magic spells available to the cult as one-use (provided that the spells are reusable for priests)?

Can initiates learn common divine spells and/or spirit magic spells from "associate" or friendly cults? If no, what does an initiate of a "rare" cult do? Do they have to pilgrimage to a shrine or temple every time they want spells? Or, do the priests travel around to come to their followers?

I believe it was Sandy P. that posted (a while back) some alternative ideas for gaining POW. Does anybody remember them, or have similar ideas? I think it was something like you get a point of POW for attending high holy days for the cults. If so, seems kind of unfair if your cult has fewer high holy days, so I must have it wrong.

Are all clan members expected to become initiates of Orlanth, or just Lightbringer gods, or just "acceptable" Orlanthi cults?

Thanks for any answers you may have.

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #120