Mas Tacos & No Help

From: J.S. Wright <jsw22_at_hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 10:17:27 +0000 (GMT)

	some ideas concerning The Greater God with No (Interesting)
	Cult.  (That'sMastakos, donchaknow.)

and

	leads to chariot warrior (like squire leads to knight), or if you get
	professional drivers (as Cuchulainn's seemed to be).

One spin that I once heard put on Mastakos-post-chariots was that either:

Mastakos in a roll like Cuchulain's driver, a close personal advisor and supporter of the chariot borne warrior. It was the charioteer who knew who people were and what should be done etc... He helped to teach the young CuC. how to behave rightly. As well as carrying weapons and looking after him when he was messed up. A sort of valet/driver type. Even without the chariot, this guy is still useful to have around. Which leads us to the next version....

....since no one drives a chariot around here anymore what does the charioteer do? the answer: nothing. (explains the low time requirment : ) ) It is the perfect profession/cult for good-for-nothings who can't even cut it as Eurmali of the lazy aspect and for worthless, inbred cousins who can just barely stand in the right place at the rituals...

No help with mythic Vormain:

	Talking about The East, has anyone out there done any work on Vormain,
	beyond the modest mentions in Elder Secrets and GoG?  I've had some
	vague, open-ended thoughts about Vormain recently (mostly of the sort
	"Which parts of Japanese mythohistory to steal?"), but I'd be

My copy of LoN lies over the ocean, and I don't remember what they said about Japanese mythohistory, but chew on these:

        The idea of the nomadic origins of the people, sharing some common myths with the nomads of pent. (or Ignorance!? Siberia?)

        The story of Sasuno-o (?) a tricky, dirty, stormy god wrecking the palace of the sun god(dess) and driving her into a cave, then the way she was coaxed out again (to good to pass up, I already used this one for 'alternative' solars once)

        The journey of the first rulers/heroes along the coasts/isles to arrive at the promised land, the plain of reeds (goes along with the first one)

        The stone people, also goes along with the first one, and I can't remember the details. But it has to do with the rulers crawling out from under rocks.

Bye
Josh