Re: Glorantha Digest V1 #125

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idpentium.idsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 95 16:31:53 -0600

Parsson
>Nils Weinander has japanised the Kralorelan names.
Peter Metcalfe:
>>Actually 'Sinicized' is the word (from 'sinna' Byzantine Greek for

>>Silk from China). And it was Sandy that started it.

        Yes, it is sinicized. But I deny having started it. Nils started it with his new names for Kralori versions of gods -- Deng Xi for Dendara, frex.

>Lur Nop on the Isle of Fanzow (where all the foreign ships dock at)
>is interestingly enough a juxaposition of Lop Nur (or vice versa)
>which is a Chinese Nuclear Weapons Facility. So Sandy, does the
>foreigners corner in Lur Nop glow in the dark?

        Of course. Or at least the foreigners do. How else could one keep track of those pesky troublemakers after sundown?

Guy Hoyle:
>During a particularly silly moment of Sandy's campaign yesterday

> I commented that, when I think of Humakt, I always picture Clint
>Eastwood. Upon reflection, we also realized that Bea Arthur would
>make a pretty good Gorgorma.

        I held out for Kathy Bates as Gorgorma, but was shouted down. Nonetheless, here are some more suggestions for celebrity/deities.

        Eurmal: Jerry Lewis (or, for you twentysomethings -- Jim Carey -- he's a sort of Jerry Lewis-lite, after all)

        Chalana Arroy: Meryl Streep (you know she's good for you, but you don't have to like it)

	Issaries: John Candy as used car salesman
	Lhankor Mhy: Christopher Lloyd

	Orlanth: Leslie Nielson
	Storm Bull: Steve Seagal. He attacks without about as much
motivation as the Bull, and when was the last time he _wounded_ someone?

        Red Goddess: Sinead O-Connor. She's got the hair style, not to mention the iconoclasm and controversiality.

        Yelm: former Gov. Deukmajian of California. Stiff as a poker, reliable, and dull Dull DULL.

        Waha: Randolph Scott