Power, Chalana Arroy & suicide

From: Aden Steinke <Aden_Steinke_at_uow.edu.au>
Date: 7 Feb 1995 14:22:09 +1100

Brian Pinch raved
- ------------------------------

>It was stated that some Chalana Arroy temples permit use of armour and
killing
>of slept chaos beasties. I understand that each temple is pretty much
>independent, but would the imposing / lifting of certain restrictions, such
as
>armour etc be more orientated to culture and/or circumstances rather than
just
>each individual temple.

So, for example, an Esrolian, or Pelorian, who is from a civilised culture would tend to be a more wimpy Chalana Arroy, and not be allowed to wear armour etc whereas a Chalana Arroy from Dorastor or someplace where life is cheap, and beings with no compunction about terminating any passing CA they come across are plentiful, may grow up using armour as a defence against the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune?

On the other issue I personally believe that a Chalana Arroy watching slept Chaos beasties being attacked would send tremors through the spirit plain and bring the (unfavourable) attention of the Goddess. But needs must when the Devil drives!

Aden [whose character was abandoned by Brian's healer, and all the other cowardly lightbringers last week :)]

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #126