Shang Hsa (mhnbc); Broken Council

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 07 Feb 95 15:48:03 EST

Shang Hsa (may his name be cursed)

Truls asked:

> Or is this just speculation by Nils? If Shang Hsa is not the false
> emperor, who is?

Shang Hsa (mhnbc) is elusive. He was the emperor who tried to destroy all the books, which is why all literate types write "May His Name Be Cursed" after his name. I believe that he was emperor at the end of the First Age and *perhaps* sought through his actions to destroy every written account of the Sunstop. But this is speculation (I can't remember any oral source for it, let alone written ones).

The God Learners didn't have a proper Dragon Emperor, I think.

Anyway, Kralorela's a long way away from Sartar, Peloria, Carmania, et cetera...

Broken Council Guidebook:

I've just got around to reading this, and it really is very good. Ignore the self-deprecating posts by the authors: this is a damn' fine guide to First Age Genertela. I'm *fascinated* by some of the material in it, and have no hesitation in recommending it to self-respecting Gloranthophiles everywhere. A veritable mine of useful information.

Shame there was no time to do more than glance at it before the freeform itself. But this book certainly has permanent value. Big congratulations to authors Shannon Appel, Stephen Martin, Paul Reilly and Eric Rowe, not forgetting the artists, Dan Barker and Bill Filios, and the incomparable cartography of Eric ("Tobros") Hotz.

Nick