Hon-Eel the Grain Goddess?

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 95 23:04:21 GMT

Alison Place:
> Hon-eel the Artess, one of the many goddesses in the Lunar pantheon, is the
> patron of maize as well as being the leading exponent of using sexual glamour to
> divide and conquer your enemies. Her cult has never been fully written, but we
> were working on one once, since my best character worships her Grain Goddess
> aspect.

At the risk of recapitulating the whole Rice Mother/Kra Li thread, I'd personally say that Hon-eel doesn't have a Grain Goddess (in the GL/GoG sense) aspect. Her association with maize is probably somewhat more like it being the McGuffin in a Generic Quest myth. She may be some plant-associated magic, though nothing springs to mind, or some spell or technique handy for growing maize in particular. A Combine Harvester spell, anyone?

Alex.