YT, a moderate approach

From: ian (i.) gorlick <"ian>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 17:36:00 -0500

I think that the YT debate is getting a little out of hand, some of the recent postings have been actually rude IMO. So let's try to be a bit more reasonable, and find a sensible Lunar compromise.

Certainly, I suspect that among many regiments the common soldiers worship a regimental god only, while the officers also worship YT. This would fit with the Granite Phalanx model.

In many other regiments, notably Dara Happan units, possibly there are few if any YT initiates among the officers or men except perhaps one or two liason/political officers.

In the provinces there are few regular regiments, the military force is much more a tribal structure inherited from their barbarian roots. Here, YT is the foremost god for all warriors who wish to follow the Lunar way. Both the tribal leaders and their followers tend to join YT if they regard themselves as professional warriors.

Diversity and flexibility are strengths of the Lunar empire, I expect them to have different regimental and religious practices in all the different regions of the empire.

Concerning the disagreement about Rune Lords and Priests, I don't see any way to reconcile that.

David, if you are going to insist upon using CoP as your primary reference while most of the rest of the RQ world uses later sources, then you are inevitably going to come to different conclusions from the rest of us. That is okay, it is your game world; but there is no sense in arguing with the rest of us who are starting from different assumptions. I sympathise with your preference for CoP over GoG. CoP does have much to recommend it. I still use it, but I usually decide all discrepancies in favour of the more recent source.