Re: Listserver problems?

From: Loren Miller <Loren.Miller_at_marketing.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 1995 09:32:44 EST

Charlie Domino asks:

    Is it just me, or did issue #134 repeat about half of itself?     And I never did hear what happened to issue #127; it sorta     vanished on me. Anyone else?

  1. One of the contributors to 134 resent several messages. That's why you saw them twice.
  2. Issue 127 was sent out. Since the digest precedence is "junk" it's extremely possible that you won't receive certain issues and that others will be delivered out of order. I set the precedence to junk so I only get 3 or 4MB of bounces and trash a day, rather than 20 or 30MB. Once internet mailers learn to be less idiotic about error and warning messages I'll be able to change the precedence to "bulk", which is probably more appropriate, but which is still a relatively low priority type of email.
    • -- +++++++++++++++++++++++23 Loren Miller LOREN_at_marketing.wharton.upenn.edu Life at the water's edge is the real life for men and women