Not YT - phew

From: Nick Eden <pheasant_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 95 08:48 GMT

Joseph Christopher Wehman

> 1) I estimate there are about 350 Yelm worshipers in Sun County, what
> sortof heirarchy would exist for them since they would obviously not be
> imbuedwith temporal power?

Thats IMHO far too high. Remember that the Yelmic Nobles all went to Dragon Pass with Yamsur and the True Golden Horde. And they didn't come back. The reason that Yelmalio is the seat of the temporal power in Sun County is because the legitimate nobility isn't there.

Now I can imagine that there might be a few like your father who've trickled in over the years, but I would have thought fifty would be quite a lot. More likely there'd be your father and you.

> 2) Would there be any Sun Lords? Or would the cult be populated mostly
> by Dayzatar-like Yelm the Elder transfero-priests from Yelmalio?

See above. In Sun County Yelm would be the most incredible minority cult. There might just, possibly, I guess, maybe be a Yelm anything. Or there might not.

> 3) How many fingers would I loose for mentioning I wanted to become a
> SunLord to Solanthas Ironpike?

I doubt you'd loose any. Your character is a legitimate member of the cult of Yelm is he not? Now it might be a little like going up to the Indian Prime Minister and announcing that you'd rather like to be a Duke one day: He'll think it hasn't very much to do with him, he might well remember that you had those ambitions incase he ever needed a friend in those high places, and he would probably be a little concerned that you might think that since you're a Duke you should be able to rule the Raj, but assuming that didn't happen you're fine.

> 4) Where does this Yelmalio guy get off saying he's the Son of the Sun?

Well obviously all these peasants have got it a little wrong (but their hearts are in the right place/and they should be taught the error of their ways). pick one depending on how annoying you want the character to be.

> 5) Would the 'Ride Griffon' skill be available at all to cult
> members? (Ifigure that it is unfortunately no since in Prax you have to
> ask the Griffons first.)

Isn't Ride Griffen always a 0% skill? Not sure. It should be. Ie even in Dara Happa you can't expect to do it without a teacher and trained Griffen.

> 6) How would most Dara Happans view spirit cults (other than ancestor
> worship)?

With distaste. Grave distaste. Stay well clear of those barbarians - you might catch something. Say what you like about these Yelmalio types but they at least revere Blessed Yelm.

> 7) About how many of the Yelmites in Sun County are Pelorian or Dara
> Happan?

All of them