Gloranthan Minis

From: owner-glorantha_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 20:05 PST

The Troll: Troll_at_nochet.demon.co.uk asks:

>Can someone help me with a source for the old RQ figures that resurfaced
>in the USA and Germany a couple of years ago, is someone making
>them or do stocks still exist?

They are the old Citadel/Trollkin forge minis, and are available from Chessex, who would *love* to get rid of them. I was offered ~300 for $50, but didn't take them because I've found better.

I just talked with my contact at Chessex, she says they have ~3,000 minis left, in a variety of poses, equipment and species. Prices run $.50-1.00 per figure, or 10 for $2.00 for a grab-bag assortment (you can specify broos or adventurers)

The figures are old (they were cast in the mid-80's). The trolls are the old big-nosed ones, before Chaosium decided they had snouts. Each cult in CoP has a figure, plus some extraneous ones. They are all in Ancient Greek-styled armor.

 They are out of some ranges, such as Tuskers and riders, Dragonewt on Demi-bird, Lunar Phalangites (these I know of because they ran out before I could get any).

Chessex can be reached at:

Chessex
2990 San Pablo Ave.
Berkeley, Ca. 94702 USA